Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Camping Trip 2012

I enjoy camping but we never really get to go very often.  In fact we're pretty lucky if we get to go once a year.  And last year we missed our camping trip because we spent about 5 weeks battling the flu.  That's right, between Makenna, Kason and I we had the flu pretty much the whole month of July and started into August.  Fun summer huh?  And not to mention that Weston never gets sick.  It's just not fair.  (OK, I'm done with my complaining)  So this year I was bound and determined to make sure that we were able to go on our camping trip this year.  I wouldn't even allow us to go to the cabin with the whole Southwick family because every time we go to the cabin we get the flu.  I'm not kidding either.  We ALWAYS get the flu.  I've decided it's simply not worth going for a weekend just to spend the next couple weeks cleaning up puke.  (sorry, I thought I was done complaining)  Back to our camping trip. 

Last weekend we went camping with all the Powells.  Yeah!!!  We just went up A.F canyon up to Granite Flats.  We went for just the weekend and it was so much fun!  We camped, roasted marshmallow's, played games, ate treats, road the Razor and I did my first Geo Cache!  It was so much fun!!!  And it was so nice having all of us there together.  Brynn and I were lucky enough to stay in my parents trailer while Weston and the kids slept in tents.  Everybody had so much fun and I'm glad we all got to go.  And guess what we got once we got home?  Yup, sick kids.  I guess we can't do anything or go anywhere with out getting a stomach bug.  I guess I'm just going to have to accept that and live with it.  I'm just glad we were able to go this year and we had so much fun!

Just chillin' in the camp chair


Roasting over the camp fire


Brynn hanging out with grandma


Cute camping kids


Hanging out in the tent

Going for a ride!


Going for a hike!


Finding the Geo Cache


The girls just playing down by the stream


Brynn just snugglin' with daddy!

We had so much fun and hopefully we can go again soon!

No comments: