Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

 Christmas this year was as busy as it is every year.  Sometimes I wish that we could slow the day down and enjoy everything but it just seems to fly by!  Oh well, maybe next year.  Well to start off we had church at 9 am and I just didn't think we could do everything and get ready before hand so I had this plan of hiding the kids under blankets and walking them down the stairs and out the door so they couldn't see anything.  My parents and sisters were going to come to church with us and then back to our house for orange rolls, fruit and of course presents!  I was so excited for the kids because they are at such a fun age and I couldn't wait to see their faces when they saw what Santa brought them.  Well my little 4 year old was apparently even more excited than me and the first thing she did Christmas morning was sneak down stairs to see if Santa had eaten her cookies.  Well he had and she was so excited to come and tell us that he had eaten the cookies and drank all the milk!  I just wanted to cry.  I didn't get to see her face all excited to see if Santa had been there.  But after we talked and after we finally made it back home from church Weston convinced me that he didn't think she saw everything.  She just saw the TV tray with the missing cookies and not all the presents.  Both kids were so excited for all their new toys and had a great morning.  Makenna got a Barbie house and a pink microphone, and Kason got his Choo-Choo.  He was so excited for it and has not stopped playing with it yet!  (Well except for every time we pull him away to run to someones house or to go to sleep.)

So after presents and a little nap we went to Weston's parents house where we all got spoiled.  Makenna got her Strawberry Shortcake house and Kason got his Buzz Lightyear.  Then we were off to my parents where we got spoiled again with more presents, and had Kason's birthday dinner.  It was such a great day and I just wish it would have lasted longer so we could have enjoyed everything.  Thanks to everyone who made it such a great day and I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox