Monday, May 11, 2009

Vacation!

Last week Weston and I went on a very much needed vacation and it was so much fun! We hadn't done anything since our honeymoon and we thought that with Weston graduating this was a good excuse. So a couple of months ago I booked us on a cruise to the Western Caribbean. It was some much needed time together and it was so much fun! Oh and don't worry everybody, they cancelled the stop in Cozumel Mexico so we wouldn't catch the swine flu. But we did get to stop in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. They were both so much fun. I will have to post pictures of them later. Most of those pictures are on the water camera that I will have to go get developed. But here are some pictures of us on the cruise boat.


Just a self portrait up on the deck

This was before one of the shows. We saw comedians, dancing, singing, a ventriloquist, and a magician/illusionist that was really cool. Also it was one of the formal nights.

This is Weston reading a book. I have never seen him do this in our 4 year marriage.

This was at our dinner formal night. The other couple we sat with were really nice. They were from Dallas Texas.


So everyone says that the rooms on cruise ships are so tiny. Well I have to disagree. Our room was very nice and roomy. But coming from me that doesn't say much. Up until 6 months ago our bedroom was a third of this size. You could barely walk between the bed and dresser, and I couldn't even think about getting into my side of the closet. So I didn't think it was bad at all. But on the other hand...


This was the teeny tiny bathroom. No room in there.


This is in Grand Cayman and you can see our ship out there. We had to take a smaller boat called a tender to get into the island.

Just up on one of the decks after dinner one night.



Oh and they feed you so much food on cruises! By the last couple days I didn't even want to really eat anything I was so tired of the food. And I gained 5 pounds but I already started running this morning to get it off. Also I just wanted to thank my mom and sisters (Margaret, Amy and Shellie) and our sister in law (Cali) for watching Makenna while we were gone. We couldn't have done it with out you. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Mike and Nic said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go on a vacation!!! It sounds like it was very much needed! Sorry to hear about the job. Hopefully this little vacation helped take your mind off things and now you're ready to get back to business. Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm totally jealous?!!

Ashley McKinnon said...

That's awesome! I need a vacation :)

Sarah said...

JEALOUS!

Tiffany said...

Good for you guys! Your vacation looked like so much fun. And congrats on graduating... what's next?