Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crazy Tuesday

So yesterday was a very crazy day. It all started around 7 am when I could hear Makenna calling for me. Which is weird because she usually just comes in to my room and wakes me after 8. So I jumped up and went to check on her. She had her back turned to me so I just started scratching her back. Well the whole time she was asleep and I had just woken her up. We found out that her monitor had been turned off in her room and we were picking up some other kid through our receiver. Dang monitor. We will have to get a new one that is a different kind for the new baby. But anyways, Makenna wasn't acting very well and shortly after I woke her up she started throwing up. She continued to throw up about every 15 minutes for 3 hours. Then it turned to blood that she was throwing up. So I called her doctor and they said they couldn't see her and we needed to take her to the ER. Well I started freaking out because I have never been to the ER before. I didn't know where it was or what to expect and Weston was out helping survey so he couldn't go with me. Well I got her over to the hospital and they admitted her and then Weston was finally able to show up which was a very good thing. We had to hold her down while they drew her blood and took x-rays. That was the worst part. But they couldn't find anything really wrong so they just think she tore her stomach or esophagus because of all of the throwing up. So that was where the blood was coming from. So they gave her some nausea medicine and an iv and after 3 hours we were able to go home. I have to say that the people there were really nice and helpful. That was good. They even brought Makenna some toys to play with and a doll to color. So today she is doing better but she was still throwing up last night. Hopefully she is about over it and she gets better. That was too crazy of a day for me to handle.


Amy said...

That doesn't sound like a fun day. I hope Makenna is feeling better.

Sarah said...

I"m so sorry! Sick kiddos is no fun! Hope she is feeling better...and you! :)