Friday, August 31, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten



It was a sad and exciting day when Makenna started kindergarten.  She was so excited that she couldn't even stop smiling the night before as she laid in bed.  It was actually quite funny.  And then when she woke up the next morning and she was so ready to go.  We live close enough to walk but I drove over since I needed to run some errands afterwards.  So once we got there we walked back on the kindergarten side and she lined up against the wall with the other kids.  She was all smiles from ear to ear!  Then they all went inside with her teacher and off we went. 

Now here's the sad part of the story.  Kason really missed his older sister.  He followed me everywhere!  He was my little shadow and if he wasn't two steps behind me he was hanging on my leg or sitting on my lap.  I enjoyed having him by me but it was sad that he missed Makenna so much.  He just kept asking if we could go get her yet.  So when it was finally time to go pick her up the first thing she said to me was I can't wait to go back tomorrow!  And all I can say is she was even more excited to go back the second day!  She didn't sleep at all that night and she woke up  really early the next morning.  When I went in to go get Brynn that next morning Makenna was already awake, which she never is, and guess where I found her?  I found her in her closet, in the dark, trying to pick out a new outfit to wear! 

I am so glad she is so excited to be going to school.  I sure hope she enjoys it and learns a lot of new things.  She really likes her teacher, Mrs. Mikuleky and I have been very impressed with her so far.  She just seems great.  Makenna also knows so many people in her class.  Kids from the neighborhood, her pre-school class from last year and her dance classes.  She is definitely a social butterfly!

My little girl is getting so big!


 
Her new backpack!  Merida from Brave
 
Makenna and Kason!
 
This is over at the school and this is where she lines up before class each day
 
Some of the kids in her class.  These three are in the same ward aren't the so cute!  Makenna, Elliot and Grace.
 

1 comment:

debbie said...

She is sooo cute and I can't believe she is old enough to be going to school.